NOTE: Due to rapid curing, preparation of the application area should be completed prior to mixing the product.
- Remove all loose materials and water from the application area.
- Remove any built-up material that may prevent bonding such as cracked or crumbling concrete or splintered wood.
- Remove heavy deposits of oil and grease using eXtreme All Purpose Degreaser or equivalent.
- Remove the contents from the pail.
- Pour the epoxy resin (Part A) and the catalyst (Part B) into a suitable container. The volume ratio should be 2 parts epoxy resin (Part A) to 1-part catalyst hardener (Part B).
- Thoroughly mix the epoxy resin (Part A) and the catalyst (Part B) for approximately 1 minute using a suitable mixer or paint stirring stick.
- Add the aggregate (Part C) to achieve the desired consistency and mix thoroughly using a suitable mixer.
- NOTE: The aggregate should be added to the resin mixture as soon as possible. Delays will reduce the available working time.
- Working time is approximately 20 minutes in a 4 oz. (100 gram) mass. Larger amounts will cure more quickly. Smaller amounts may take longer than 20 minutes.
- Rapidly fill the area requiring repair. Smooth the material using a suitable trowel or putty knife.
- Wet the trowel or putty knife with acetone and finish the repair to a smooth surface.
NOTE: Actual cure time will be affected by air temperature, floor temperature, amount of material used and application thickness. Higher air temperature or floor temperature will result in faster cure times. Larger amounts of Concrete Repair in one location or thick applications will cure faster than small amounts. Test repair for hardness prior to allowing traffic over the area.